Forestry Mod Features:
- Automatic Farms
- Bee breeding
- Tree breeding
- Intelligent Backpacks
- Mail System
- Energy Production
- Compatibility with several mods, most notably Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft 2, Railcraft and RedPower 2.
Optional, but strongly recommended:
- Step 0: Check that your minecraft is at the required version. Down- or upgrade as necessary. If you already have a compatible BuildCraft or IndustrialCraft2 installed, you can skip directly to Step 4.
- Step 1: Find your minecraft.jar. On windows it will be located in /.minecraft/bin. Backup your current minecraft.jar.
- Step 2: Delete the folder META-INF in your minecraft.jar. Not deleting it will cause the game to fail to start up, even if you installed everything else correctly.
- Step 3: Open your minecraft.jar with WinRAR or 7zip. Drag and drop the contents of the zip file for Minecraft Forge into the .jar. You have to install the mods in this exact order!
- Step 4: Add forestry-A-*.jar to your mod folder in /.minecraft/mods. This is also where the files for BuildCraft and IndustrialCraft2 should be located.
- Step 5 (optional): Test your installation by launching the minecraft client. Press the button “Login” in the launcher and wait for the main menu to appear. Now check the file ForgeModLoader-client-0.log in /.minecraft/. You should find a line that says “[FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Activating mod Forestry” or something similar. If the file does not mention Forestry, something is amiss.
- 5 new bee species.
- 8 new tree species.
- Added the bee house as a low level alternative to the apiary.
- Trunk size on trees can now be inherited. That 3×3 cherry tree is now possible!
- Added the clockwork engine.
- Added vanilla hopper support to the following machines: Apiary, alveary, multifarm, fermenter.
- Internal changes to several machines to improve performance and some interaction with other mods.
- Raintank is now an unpowered machine.
- Seed oil output has been rebalanced, reducing it further on easily obtainable seeds.
- Several changes to the default traits of several tree species.
- Sapling yield in the fermenter has changed. The amount of biomass produced from a single sapling is now determined by the sappiness trait on it. Saplings without genetic information are treated as though they have lowest sappiness.
- Adapted to new vanilla bonemeal behaviour for saplings.
- Added squeezable lemons and plums. (Sprites for both by Xizzzy.)
- Apple juice is now fruit juice.
- Increased the guaranteed drop from apatite by 1. Reduced the minimum world height required for apatite to spawn to 56.
- Reduced power requirements for farms a bit.
- Reduced fertilizer requirements on some of the more basic farms, including arboretum.
- Changed humus degradation behaviour. Now only degrades over time instead of on-growth of a tree.
- Drastically increased the potential generations artificial princesses (“swarmer princesses”) can reproduce before genetic fatigue sets in.
- All work and no play makes the queen a dull girl: Forcing a queen to produce way too fast or trying too hard to mutate her may result in undesireable consequences. (Note: Only applies to outside factors, not to factors inherent in the queen’s genetic makeup.)
- Minor improvements to treealyzer and to sapling tooltips.
Download Forestry Mod
Download for 1.6.4
[mega]Forestry-Mod-1.6.4.jar (3.0 MB)[/mega]
Download for 1.6.2
[download]Forestry-Mod-1.6.2.jar (2.9 MB)[/download]
Download Mod 1.5.2
[mega]Forestry-Mod-1.5.2.jar (2.9 MB)[/mega]
Download Mod 1.5.1