Building Blocks Mod Maker will hopefully become quite expansive in what it can do with its simple format. This is for those that wish to make mods without having to take the time to decompile Minecraft and make a mod from the ground up. Say you want to add some new ore, tools, custom recipes and smelting. Why find the specific mod you’re looking for or waste an hour or two developing it when you could just write a quick text file to do everything for you!
Building Blocks Mod Maker Installation:
- Download and install Forge version 6.6.2.
- Download the mod from one of the above links.
- Drop the BBMM mod .zip file into the mods folder in your .minecraft directory
- Either load the game and exit or create a folder in .minecraft titled bbmm (either one will work)
- You should now have successfully installed the Building Blocks Mod Maker, so read on for usage instructions
If you are installing the BBMM example, you will need to do the following:
- Extract the files from the .zip or explore them with an archive tool, and you will see there are two files within.
- The first file is a .zip also named BBMM Example. This should be dragged into the mods folder in .minecraft.
- The second file is the text file BBMMExample. This should go into the bbmm folder in .minecraft
- When you run the game, the new items and blocks will appear on specific creative tabs.
Building Blocks Mod Maker Usage:
In order to make this post look tidy, all usage instructions will be in the README for all future since they’re practically the same.
Download for Minecraft 1.6.4:
Download for Minecraft 1.6.2:
Building-Blocks-Mod-Maker-1.6.2.zip (138 KB)
Download for Minecraft 1.5.2: