Advanced Darkness Mod is something the most remote than ever, even on the lowest brightness setting. You can see perfectly well in the dark, making torches only a mob-spawn defense.. not a requirement.
- Don’t build a structure until the second night!
- Don’t Starve!
- Awesome shadow-based lighting. Torches are a requirement!
- Automatic gamma-setting. Can be disabled on a session-per-session basis.
- Nerfed torches. They give off less light, and craft on a 1:1 ratio of coal/sticks!
- Spider changes. They’re bigger.
How it works
The gamma is turned way down, to -1. This creates the awesome darkness effect. I’ve only edited three classes I remember – Block.java (to nerf torches), EnumOptions.java (to disable loading the gamma and instead set it to -1), and EntitySpider.
You don’t need this mod to play with Advanced Darkness! You can also run vanilla/modded Minecraft like this (albeit without the 1:1 torch recipes/spider changes). In your options.txt (in the .minecraft directory), simply change the ‘gamma’ option to -1. That’s it! This mod does it automatically, with some changes otherwise to verify it as a real mod.
Advanced Darkness Mod Installation:
- Unzip the download, open minecraft.jar with 7Zip or WinRAR, and drag-and-drop the 4 class files into the .jar. Delete META-INF.
Advanced Darkness Mod Download:
For 1.5.2 :
[download]Server: Advanced-Darkness-Mod-Server-1.6.2.zip (23 KB)[/download]
[download]Clendt: Advanced-Darkness-Mod-Client-1.6.2.zip (33 KB)[/download]